I just download the XONE:DX map for Traktor Pro. There are 4 folders in the .zip file; DX TPRO 1...4.
Which one do I have to install, or do I have to install all of them?
What is the difference between them?
Are there any instructions for installing the maps?
You can install any of the four maps, the choice depends on how you prefer to use Traktor.
Each of the four A&H Traktor maps for XONE:DX offer different configurations for the DX CUE buttons and Traktor FX engines as follows:
map1: DX_TPRO_1 - Cumulative Cues, Advanced FX Only
map2: DX_TPRO_2 - Non-cumulative Cues, Advanced FX Only
map3: DX_TPRO_3 - Cumulative Cues, switchable Advanced / Chained FX
map4: DX_TPRO_4 - Non-cumulative Cues, switchable Advanced / Chained FX
- In the 'Cumulative Cues' maps, CUE buttons toggle ON / OFF when pressed, but selecting another channel CUE button will not disable a previously enabled CUE.
- In 'Non-cumulative Cues' maps, any Cued channel is disabled when another channel CUE button is pressed.
- In both versions, multiple channels can be Cued by pressing two, or more, CUE buttons at the same time.
- In the 'Advanced FX Only' maps, Traktor Pro’s FX engines are fixed in Advanced mode.
- In the 'Advanced / Chained FX’ maps, Traktor Pro’s FX engines can be switched between Advanced and Chained FX modes.
Please refer to the XONE DX_SETUP.pdf included with the .tsi files for instructions on configuring the XONE:DX soundcard and importing the A&H maps.
Please refer to the XONE DX_12_GUIDE and XONE DX_34_GUIDE .pdfs included with the .tsi files for more information on controlling Traktor Pro’s FX engines via the XONE:DX.
In the Allen&Heath XONE:DX .tsi files, only two of Traktor Pro’s FX engines are configured as these maps were created before NI released the four FX update for Traktor Pro.
However, any of these maps can be used as a starting point for creating your own customized Traktor Pro map.
For more information about configuration and mapping options in Traktor Pro, please refer to your NI software User Guide, or visit the Native Instruments DJ forums:
Another great resource for Trakor Pro users is the Traktor Bible, by Rainer G. Haselier. For more details, specific to XONE:DX use under Traktor Pro, visit the link below: