I want to record from the mixed outputs (i.e. mix out) into a new stereo channel. How do I configure this? Traktor only has a channel A-D option to record to... Obviously, I need to get the two stereo channels mixed into another so that can be recorded via a channel in Traktor.
The Native mix option doesn't seem to work with external mixers...
- On your computer:
Set the Xone:3D Config Utility 'Soundcard Input CH1-2' option to MIX OUT
- On your Xone:3D:
Ensure you have all SC input switches selected as the Channel Input audio source.
- In Traktor's Preferences' options:
Select: Audio Setup / Input Routing
- Assign the Xone:3D SC-1 Input ('IN 0 - Xone3d' on PC) to: In Channel A -Left (Mono)
- Assign the Xone:3D SC-2 Input ('IN 1 - Xone3d' on PC) to: In Channel A - Right
- NOTE: on a MAC system the 3D's soundcard input channels may be displayed as something other than 'IN 0 (IN 1) - Xone3d'
- Select: Recording
- Set Recording Source to: Source - EXTERNAL
- Set Recording Source to: External Input - DECK A
- Select the desired directory on your hard drive for the recording to be written to.
- In Traktor's Deck Layout:
- Ensure all Deck Channels ('CH:') are set to 'DECK'
- In Traktor's Details Section:
- Call up the Audio Recorder and enable record to start recording your mix.
This configuration will record the MAIN MIX output from the Xone:3D (i.e. any audio routed from the analogue mixer channels to the main MIX outputs), without affecting what's playing through Traktor Decks into the 3D.
The finer points of setting the record levels/splits etc in Traktor are described in more detail p95 (under section 8.3: Audio Recording) of the Traktor Operation Manual.
To playback your recorded mix - go to the location you assigned as the Recording Directory in step 8 above, the recorded file will be in this folder with a date/time stamp of when the recording was made (don't forget to stop recording in Traktor when you've finished your mix and before you try to playback the file!).