Issue: SQ not recognised as a device in Windows.
Answer: Install SQ ASIO/WDM Driver -
Download the driver here
Issue: Signal sent from the SQ not seen on the PC and Vice Versa.
Answer: Change USB Source in IO page from SQ-Drive to USB B -
Select the IO key > Press the USB Tab on screen > Press the USB Source key on the top left of the screen to toggle between USB B and SQ-Drive.
Issue: Audio from some websites or applications such as YouTube and VLC don’t work.
Answer: In Sound Control Panel, select SQ and click on Configure. Change from Mono to Stereo -
On your Windows 10 PC, go to Settings > Device > Sound Settings > Sound Control Panel. Select speakers SQ from the list, then press the Configure button on the bottom left. If the Speaker Setup windows shows the audio channel set to Mono, change this to Stereo and press Next, press Next again and then Finish.
Issue: Noise over playback and/or recording audio streams.
Answer: Make sure you are on the latest firmware and your computer is optimised for real time audio streaming
Download the latest firmware from our website here
Please make sure you are running a supported operating system. The SQ USB B interface is supported on Windows 7(64Bit), 8 & 10.
To check how your computer is currently handling real time audio streaming, you can try using freeware analysis software such as LatencyMon. This utility will help identify if there are any devices or drivers installed on your computer conflicting with the audio stream. Some processes are vital to the running of your system and can’t be disabled, but some examples of what could help are:
- WiFi adapters: disable WiFi
- Bluetooth adapters: disable Bluetooth
Optimise your Windows power settings for real time audio streaming by following these steps:
- Create a power plan in 'Settings' > 'Power & Sleep' > 'Additional power settings'
- Select a High-Performance power plan and then ‘Next' > 'Create’
- On the plan you’ve just made, go to 'Change plan settings' > 'Change advance power settings'
- Expand USB Settings and USB selective suspend setting and change to ‘Disabled’
Please make sure you are running a supported operating system. The SQ USB B interface is supported on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) or higher.
- View your power saving settings in System Preferences > Energy Saver
- Set 'Computer Sleep' to 'Never'
- Untick 'Put hard disks to sleep when possible'.
Always connect your Qu directly to your computer, not through a hub, and unplug any other USB devices you are not using.