Driver related issues (ZED R16/GS R24) V4.1.x.
MAC OS X — V188.8.131.5232
- Connecting to a second Allen & Heath FireWire device will create a new instance of that device every time it connects to the computer - workaround: delete all instances of Allen & Heath devices in the OS X Audio Midi setup utility before connecting a different device.
- Powering off or removing the FireWire cable from a ZED R16 chained to a GSR24 crashes the driver and the computer will have to be restarted. The same applies when chaining two ZED R16’s.
- GS-R24 - Sometimes after a power cycle, Audio Midi setup reports that the desk has connected with two Allen & Heath port 2 midi ports. Workaround: power down the desk, delete the instance of the Allen & Heath device in Audio MIDI Setup and then repower the desk.
- Migrating between Mac's - ‘no driver installed’ message when uninstalling. Workaround: install then uninstall the older driver before updating to the new driver.
- On some older MAC’s when first connecting to the desk the MAC does not recognise the Firewire MIDI connection. Workaround: Restore the MIDI connection in Audio MIDI setup by clicking on ‘Rescan MIDI’.
Windows — V184.108.40.20624
- Windows 8 / PCIe FireWire cards – Changing the sample rate to 88.2/96k may cause locking issues resulting in distorted audio.
- Windows 8 – chaining 2 ZED R16’s together may cause locking issues resulting in distorted audio.
- Windows XP – Control Panel can crash if the desk is powered up multiple times. Workaround: reboot computer, once connected no problems.
DAW related issues (GS R24)
- Selecting on both the desk and Pro Tools results in channels having automation mode applied to them when they aren’t selected. Workaround: Only use the desk to select channels.
- When a bank has switched the state of the currently selected channel (mute/rec arm) un-lights.
- Sometimes adding extra tracks in Pro Tools can break syncing when banking up. Workaround: create a session with all required tracks and there won’t be a problem.
- No FireWire connection when a MAC wakes from sleep when running Pro Tools. Workaround: set OS X sleep preference to never.
- Mute states can vary when a channel is soloed, this is because of mutes flashing in Pro Tools when a channel is soloed.