- Connect Aux output to FX input.
- Connect FX output to either a stereo channel input, or a mono channel input. It depends if you have or want the FX to be in stereo. Consult the FX unit handbook. This channel is now called the FX return channel.
- To send a channel signal to the FX - if required set the pre/post switch on the channel Aux to Post. Now turn up the channel Aux send to send signal to the Aux master.
- Turn up the Aux master to send the signal out to the FX unit.
- Bring up the stereo channel fader to send the FX signal to the main mix.
- The input gains of all channels, including the FX return channel, should be set appropriately.
- The Aux send to the FX output on the return channel should be turned down or you will get feedback, though you may want this in some circumstances.
- You can turn up the Aux send on any channel to send that signal to the FX unit. The higher you have a channel Aux send turned up, the more FX that channel will get. Use the channel sends to dial in the required amount of FX for each channel.
- The position of the return channel fader determines the total amount of FX in the main mix.