Can I use all soundcard outputs on the XONE:DB4 simultaneously, so you can make 4 track recordings of the playback from any connected device independently for multi-track recording to DAW i.e. Ableton Live?
The XONE:DB4, features a high quality (24-bit / 96kHz), full-duplex, multi-channel, fully patchable USB2 soundcard.
This enables playback and recording via digital audio software for 4 stereo digital audio outputs and 4 stereo digital audio inputs over a USB cable connection.
- Analogue signals can be sourced from any external hardware player connected via PHONO, LINE, or SPDIF inputs and routed independently to any ASIO (PC), or Core Audio (OS X) compatible recording software, via discrete soundcard channels.
- Outputs from your DAW host can also be routed back to the software, post XONE:DB4 mix channels, using the XONE:DB4 soundcard input; enabling you to record multi-tracked versions of your audio with any additional EQ, or FX assignments from on the XONE:DB4 included - per track.
- Digital audio signals from a computer, connected to the XONE:DB4 via USB cable, can also be returned to external hardware recorders via the XONE:DB4's RCA (LINE), TRS, XLR, or SPDIF outputs.
In fact, there are many different options available for configuring each recording signal source MIXER INPUT CHANNEL and also for each USB SEND CHANNEL. And each of these can be configured individually, for example;
- Analogue: takes the USB SEND source as the signal input at the LINE / PHONO preamp stage; this is pre-Trim, EQ, FX & Fader
- Digital: takes the USB SEND source as the signal input at the SPDIF stage; this is pre-Trim, EQ, FX & Fader
- CH PFL: takes the USB SEND source post Trim, EQ & FX and pre Fader.
More details on these options can be found in the XONE:DB4 User Guide (p27-29), which can be download via the XONE:DB4 Documents tab; Click here