Alternative Qu-Drive Stereo Recording
Posted by Keith Johnson, Last modified by Keith Johnson on 21 September 2017 07:17 PM
Sometimes you may want to make a stereo recording of a mix which mostly follows the Main LR mix, but that uses different output processing, levels or that includes microphones you are not sending to the speakers.|
This can be useful in many situations, for example, when you want to incorporate an 'ambient' microphone, or compress the mix being recorded.
To do this, you can send a 'copy' of the main mix to a spare stereo mix as follows;
- Select the mix you wish to use (eg. Mix 9-10)
- Ensure all channels you wish to record are assigned to the mix - To assign all channels at once, go to the Routing screen and press the 'All On' button
- Also in the Routing screen, press the 'All Post' button and set 'Channel Source' to 'Post-All'
- Adjust the send levels to this mix - To have this mix follow the Main LR mix exactly, set all levels to 0dB (Unity)
- In the Processing screen for the selected mix, switch in and adjust any output processing you wish to use (you can use PAFL or the Alt Out to monitor this)
- Press the 'Setup' Key and go to 'I/O Patch > USB Audio'
- Change USB output channels 17 and 18 to your chosen mix (eg. Mix 9 and Mix 10) - These channels feed the Qu-Drive stereo recording