Xone:42. Configuring 2D & Traktor Pro to record mixes
Posted by Al Crombie, Last modified by on 21 July 2009 11:12 AM
I've recently purchased a XONE:1D, XONE:2D and XONE:42. I'm using them with TRAKTOR PRO but I can't seem to be able to record.
Please could you advise me on how to configure my setup in order to record my sets?
If you want to record a mix back into TRAKTOR PRO and are using the XONE:2D as the A-2-D/D-2-A interface for TRAKTOR,
you will need to make a physical connection from the RECORD OUTPUT of the XONE:42 to a stereo INPUT on the XONE:2D;
this set up can be configured as follows:
1. Connect a stereo RCA cable from the RECORD OUT sockets on the XONE:42 to one of the (3 available) XONE:2D stereo soundcard INPUTS;
2. Ensure that these XONE:2D INPUTS are set to LINE level.
3. In TRAKTOR, go to: PREFERENCES > AUDIO SETUP > AUDIO DEVICE
Select "XONE:2D USB ASIO driver" as TRAKTOR’s Audio Device.
4. Under: PREFERENCES > INPUT ROUTING, set the corresponding XONE:2D, stereo INPUT, soundcard bus;
"Xone 2D Analogue In (1-6)", to any unused INPUT CHANNEL (A-D).
5. Next, in: PREFERENCES > RECORDING > SOURCE > EXTERNAL INPUT,
set the External Input channel (as selected in step 3) for TRAKTOR's external recording source; setting the File Directory options as required.
6. Use the RECORD tab in TRAKTOR's AUDIO RECORDER (at the top right of the main browser), to start/stop the recording.
Configured in this way, your recording will be sourced from the XONE:42 main MIX bus; the signal is sourced POST channel fader levels,
but PRE main MIX level, so the GAIN level control in TRAKTOR's AUDIO RECORDER should be used to set the overall level for your recording;
this will not be affected by changes made to the XONE:42 main MIX level feeding FOH and / or monitors.
keywords; Xone2D Xone42 X2D X42